WordPress is an online, open source website creation tool written in PHP. But in general, it’s probably the easiest and most powerful blogging and website content management system (or CMS) in existence today.
It is the world’s most popular tool for creating websites. WordPress is capable of creating the website of any style, from a simple blog to a full-featured business website. You can even use WordPress to create an online store (using the popular WooCommerce plugin).
Even if you’ve never built a website before, that won’t be an issue! With WordPress, you don’t need any coding or design skills to create a professional looking site. There are thousands of free site designs to choose from (these are known as “themes” in the WordPress world).
With WordPress, it’s easy to build your website without writing a single line of code or knowing anything about HTML.
Reasons why WordPress is so popular ?
Here are the top 5 reasons why you might want to consider switching to a WordPress platform for your company’s website.
- 1. Ease of use WordPress is very easy to use and has an intuitive interface. Adding new pages, blog posts, images, etc. on a regular basis can be done quickly. Because the technology is so simple, time spent on formatting is greatly reduced.
- 2. Manage your website from any computer WordPress is browser-based. You can login from any Internet connected computer and manage your site.
- 3. No HTML editing or ftp software required WordPress is a self-contained system and does not require HTML editing software (such as Adobe Contribute or Dreamweaver). You can create a new page or blog post, format text, upload images (and edit them), upload documents, video files, image galleries, etc. all without the need for additional HTML or FTP software.
- 4. Search engines love wordpress sites The code behind WordPress is very clean and simple, making it easy for search engines to read and index a site’s content. In addition, each page, post, and image can have its own meta tag keywords, description, and title, and be optimized for specific keywords, allowing for very precise search engine optimization. You can also use tags to further enhance your search engine optimization efforts.
- 5. The design of your website is 100% customizable WordPress acts as the engine for your website. The look and feel of the site can be 100% customized so your brand can shine through on your site and provide a unique experience to your visitors.The best part about WordPress is that it’s easy to use and flexible enough for just about anything. Due to its robust features, many of the top brands use WordPress to power their websites.