Shopify is an out of the box hosted e-commerce solution that allows a user to quickly and easily create an online store, add products and if needed connect their on-line inventory to a physical off-line store.
In addition to being the perfect solution for small start-ups. Shopify also offers an enterprise version of their software that is used by some of the world’s most well-known websites.
You can sign up and start adding and organizing your products as you wish. It’s also possible to give your store a unique look by choosing from a wide selection of themes. Additionally, you can accept payments by credit card, keep up to date with orders and have a blog if you like.
What can Shopify do?
Here are some of the main features included on the Shopify platform
- 1. Quick & easy to set up & useShopify offers an easy way to quickly launch an online store without the fuss over servers and development costs that can be incurred with self-hosted platforms. The admin interface is clean and user-friendly and pretty intuitive because all the features are logically structured. You can also find extensive documentation and video guides on the Shopify site. All you really need is a product to sell.
- 2. No tech worriesGood news! You don’t need any technical expertise to launch a basic Shopify store; all software and hosting is provided by Shopify. Not only does this make it easier to get up and running, but it’s likely that Shopify’s hosting will be faster and more secure than you could achieve alone, plus it will easily accommodate any spikes in traffic you might receive. Shopify also takes care of all software updates. So you can focus all your efforts on selling and not worry about technical issues, hooray.
- 3. Secure & reliableIf you have an eCommerce store, you will be dealing with sensitive customer information including credit card details, plus impatient customers. This means your site needs to be fast, secure and always online. One of the big advantages of a hosted solution is the reliability it provides. Shopify will take care of all server maintenance and upgrades to keep your store and shopping cart available at all times and ensure that pages load quickly.
- 4. Abandoned cart recoveryWhat happens if a visitor to your store places a product in their shopping basket but leaves without buying it? According to statistics, over two-thirds of potential customers will do this. Shopify offers an abandoned checkout cart recovery service which automatically tracks and emails these potential customers to remind them to complete their purchase; an easy way to potentially generate more revenue.
- 5. Mobile readyWith mobile visits to websites now higher than desktop, it’s essential, not optional, to have a mobile optimized site. Luckily Shopify knows this. All of Shopify’s themes are mobile responsive and the platform includes a free built-in mobile commerce shopping cart, meaning your store looks great on all devices and your customers can shop freely wherever they are.Shopify is a hosted program, so you don’t need to find separate hosting or bother with installing software. You can find everything you need for your store in one place!