Magento is an open-source e-commerce platform written in PHP. The software was originally developed by Varien Inc., a US private company headquartered in Culver City, California, with assistance from volunteers.
What is Magento ?
Magento is a very powerful and fast growing e-commerce script, created by Varien. It is an open-source platform using Zend PHP and MySQL databases. Magento offers great flexibility through its modular architecture, is completely scalable and has a wide range of control options that its users appreciate.
Magento is an e-commerce platform written in PHP on the Zend framework, available under both open-source and commercial licenses. It is written in an advanced object-oriented idiom that uses the MVC pattern and XML configuration files, aiming for flexibility and extensibility.
What are the benefits of using Magento ?
Here are some of the benefits of using Magento for e-commerce website development
- Magento is mobile friendlyUndertaking e-commerce website development with Magento is highly responsive, which makes the site viewable on tablets, smartphones and other mobile devices without any hassle. This helps consumers to stay connected with your brands anytime and anywhere.
- Manage contents with easeMagento features an intuitive page editor, which helps online store owners to easily make changes in their offerings. This tool does not require the store owners to have knowledge of programming codes as they can aptly manage contents with the user-friendly features.
- Magento supports search engine optimizationIf you own a Magento website, you will not come across issues of organic traffic flow. This platform is developed by keeping SEO efficiency in mind and provides best opportunities for your products and services to appear on Bing, Google, and other SERPs. Magento tools also offer customized practices that are meant for effective search engine optimization.
- Spacious and robustThis platform has the ability to support many products on a single website and offers handling of thousands of orders in an hour. It signifies that you add more shopping carts according to the business growth.
- Facilitates third party integrationBy using Magento, you can offer delightful e-commerce experience to your customers by integrating with PayPal, Google Shopping, MailChimp, PayPal, eBay and much more. In order to have proper control on data analysis and to make profitable business decisions, Magento helps you to deploy Google analytics and other third party integrations with ease.
If you want to setup your e-commerce business, that means you have to strategize and manage a lot of things. Setting up an e-commerce store is not that much easy if your foundation is not strong. In today’s scenario, the business owners are looking for best platforms for their e-commerce websites development, and Magento is the best solution to fulfill all their needs.
Many big brands use Magento to empower their business. Magento is completely the most powerful platform for e-commerce web development today.